Inspired by our Islamic faith, we envisage a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled and people respond as one to the suffering of others. We assist all in need - regardless of faith or race.
Islamic Relief is an international aid and development charity which aims to alleviate the suffering of the world's poorest people. It is an independent Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) founded in the UK in 1984 by Dr Hany El Banna.
As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities - regardless of race, religion or gender.
We welcome discussion and public engagement on these pages but we reserve the right to edit or delete posts that we consider abusive, offensive or unduly political in light of our humanitarian neutrality.
A caring world where the basic requirements of people in need are fulfilled.
- Inspired by Islamic values, Islamic Relief work to:
- Assist individuals, groups and institutions to develop safe and caring communities.
- Help the poor to enjoy self-reliance, with dignity.
- Make it possible for those who wish to support others to reach people in need of their help.
We do this by:
- Providing assistance regardless of race, colour, political affiliation, gender or belief, and without expecting anything in return.
- Working to mitigate the affect of disasters, preparing for their occurrence and responding by providing relief and rehabilitation.
- Promoting sustainable development through programmes in education, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, and income generation.
- Advocating on behalf of the poor.
- Committing ourselves to harnessing our outputs and outcomes to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
We welcome discussion and public engagement on our Facebook page but please note that we reserve the right to edit or delete posts that we consider abusive, offensive or unduly political in light of our humanitarian neutrality.