One World Media’s mission is to support strong vibrant and independent media that empowers citizens, promotes justice and contributes to international development.
We believe that the media can be a powerful force for good. It
provides valuable information, increases cultural understanding and
contributes to global fairness and justice. Our vision is of a world
where every country has free and plural media providing accurate
information and high-quality content.
Since 1987 we have been working with insiders and experts across all media, creating links to people in the fields of international development, human rights and education who share our vision for the world's media and who recognise the part the media can play in tackling issues like poverty, hunger, climate change and conflict resolution.
We influence, encourage, enable, celebrate and showcase media talent that helps fulfil our mission in a variety of ways:
- Our educational work offers unique workshops led by active professionals to students in over 30 universities nation-wide
- Our production fund enables young media producers to gain valuable experience in the field
- Our Awards recognise excellence in international media coverage
- Our events encourage debate on current issues, policy and good practice among media and development professionals
- Our international work creates links with media educators in the global South and offers bespoke professional development to media organisations abroad